Saturday, June 4, 2011

BLOG???

You know what? I think it's dangerous for me to have a blog. When I log on here I get like I do around blank paper - you understand, kind of crazy, and with a sudden desperate need for a micron (or keyboard) I start ripping words out of my life and poetry out of the sky until page upon page is filled with, well, me. And with most of me on paper, the rest of me is in a hundred tiny pieces on my desk, each determined to kill the other in twenty horrific different ways. And then with all of them dead, of course nothing gets posted. So tell me, dear Anna, dear Morgan, why am I here and what on mars am I doing? Am I supposed to kill myself in two thousand different ways? I'm marching into a battle with a small army of contradicting ideas at my left and a vocabulary at my right, and guess what? Neither of them are on my side.
Also, I have a mortal fear of Valentine's Day cards.

7 comments:

  1. I often experience that problem while writing fiction, which is one reason why my short-stories have never gone anywhere. Actually, I have a fear of "expression" when it comes to several things, and haven't yet learned how to just be myself and not care about what others think of me. Good luck to you! Just write in your blog as though no one will read it anyways, and it's just between you and God. (I guess my very comment is destroying the illusion, then. Woops...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, so I've seen! It explains why such a creative person would refrain from the infamous pen. You should write your stories with all you've got and then hide them away in a box - which is what I did, though I don't recommend throwing away this box, as I also did. ;)
    I suppose you could say that I'm not into illusions when I can help it. My brain is always saying "Uh, Rosemary, who do you actually want to read this?" then I always reply, " no one, really." :S :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooorrr, you could send your stories to me and I would devour them with great jubilation. :)
    "Practice makes perfect!" as you own geeky self said but sixteen days ago - and if you never write, you never will. [duh] "The job that never gets started takes longest to finish," as Sam's old Gaffer used to say.
    Either way, "Don't worry about what other people think - they seldom do."
    And, in the immortal words of Michel de Montaigne, "When I quote others, I do it to express my own ideas more clearly," - or to be silly. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said! I have sorta started a story, but will probably not send it on to be critiqued until I have got it a little farther along. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it really matters when it is critiqued, but being an Inkling and all...
    Speaking of which, are you going to read the space trilogy? I already ate it. :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have already started Out of the Silent Planet. :) I'm looking forward to reading these this summer!

    ReplyDelete