Monday, August 22, 2011

Thephalumpamathingymajig

          So, ah - ahem, you who might by chance have stopped by may have been thinking to yourselves, "She really hasn't written anything in quite a while," and you Inklings were likely thinking, "Umm, where did she go?" Explanation needed.
         Vell, first there was a deadline for ze house construction, then I went high-adventuring in Costa Rica, then I was so tired that I couldn't think, and then there was another house deadline for some such other thingy. Thence I have been doing "ing things" like Wooton talks about Boy Scouts doing, "hiking, climbing, camping, falling, hurting, losing, screaming for help," and all that good stuff, but I have also been furniture-lugging, praying, house-organizing, cleaning, cooking, Bible studying, sanding, sawing, thinking, polyurathaneing, and cogitating on how to survive the Lego League season this year while attempting school at the same time. Soooooo, that's why I have not written anythinks about space trilogies or life or whatnot, because there's too much life and too much space and everything seems like whatnot when it goes by at this speed.
       That list may not have sounded as hectic as it actually is because I put in things like praying and Bible studying and cogitating. But what I mean is praying that I won't follow suit when all the dearest are either dying or coming apart at the seams, and ravenously devouring that beautiful book trying to figure out what to do when life is hammering in at every side like a jackrabbithammer.
        Oh yeah, and then there was Washington, and the Grand Lake hike, and...did I leave the rest of the summer in Costa Rica? Looks like I'm running out!

3 comments:

  1. I'd say you've had a pretty productive summer! Way to stay sane! Being busy isn't a strength of mine. (P.S. It's good to have you back. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good heavens! I never said I succeeded in staying sane! If only I could say the same! Tell me, how is it that you can NOT be busy?
    (???)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I s'pose I have been busy, in that I've always had something to do. But for the most part it's all been quite fun and relaxing, so it doesn't feel like busyness. Plus, I plan free time into my week's schedule. ;)

    ReplyDelete