Monday, August 22, 2011

Washington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was awesome.
       Did I even need to say so? How could hiking, kayaking, fishing, cooking, eating, laughing, singing, driving, climbing, falling, ect. be anything else? I was a little doubtful of this Venturing thing at first. The people were so... so... not Norrisopolians. But it has turned out to be something like heaven must be. No doubt heaven will be grander and more glorious, but really, as far as old Terra goes, this is pretty close.
       In the Venture Crew, ever since Otto started wearing a hat all the time to keep his long, flowing, Aragorn hair out of his eyes, there has been a sort of hat thing. So there we were in the car all wearing the next person's hat and singing "My Father's House". You know, rather like this...
       "There'll be a big, big, house - with lots and lots a rooms,
        a big, big, table - with lots and lots a FOOOOOOOOD!!!
        a big, big yard - where we can play SOCCER!!!...."
No football for us! No sirree.
      Then there was the time when Collin told me that he had dropped my Dad's iPhone. Not just dropped it, but let it plummet from the unearthly height of the Space Needle to multileveled Seattle below, maybe even into some iridescent cavern of that building notoriously without right angles (the Seattle Museum of Music). He informed me that my father was extremely unhappy, that he was, in fact, angry - this made me suspicious, my Dad probably would have laughed - but nonetheless, I was worried. Collin had been cheerful for several days (rare) and that would have been enough to plunge a person into "the depths of despair"...
       ...Say! Will you look at that! Gullible is written on the ceiling! Hehe :)
Running out of time! There are too many stories to tell, I'll try to find some pictures eventually...

But oh the horror! Morgan can't be president anymore! What will we do without her!

3 comments:

  1. What a blast! I would love to have joined, if I lived anywhere nearby. I hope you shall post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! I want to bike to your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! If you start today, you should get here by the time we start school, so we can home educate together!

    ReplyDelete